September 13, 2009

I'm off Exploring!


I just wanted to let you all know that as of Monday morning that I am off on my fall photography adventure. I am going to be meeting a landscape photographer friend of mine from Florida in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We plan to shoot some photographs in Santa Fe, and then several days at the fabulous prehistoric Anasazi Indian ruins at the Chaco Canyon Cultural Historic Park (a World Heritage Site) in northwestern New Mexico; and then drive south for several days at White Sands National Monument. Finally, we are also going to drive over to southern Arizona and spend some time photographing the old missions near Tucson, and the landscapes in Saguaro National Park. I plan to be back in southern California toward the end of September with some new adventures to relate and some new photography to work up and post.

The photograph I've attached to this posting, is courtesy of the National Park Service, and is one of the interesting corner doorways in the Pueblo Bonito ruins at Chaco Canyon. Note the incredibly sophisticated masonry and stonework in the walls (click on the image for an enlarged view). This ruin, as does much of Chaco Canyon, reflects the nadir of Anasazi architecture and construction techniques. When I return from the trip and have my own photography to share, I will provide more information about Chaco Canyon, cultural and spiritual significance, and its interesting architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment